The Language Laboratory runs language courses to make students proficient in Sinhala, Tamil, English and other foreign languages. The overall objective is to effectively implement the teaching-learning process.
Language Laboratory Courses - 2022
Language Instructors Pool - Sinhala and Tamil - Download List
Recruitment of Language Instructors
The Department of Official Languages has planned to recruit qualified and experienced language instructors for the following Language Training Courses.
- Foreign Languages
Interested parties are kindly informed to forward a duly filled application form by registered post so as to reach the Commissioner General, Department of Official Languages, 341/7, Kotte Road, Rajagiriya.
What are the Courses conducted by the Language Laboratory?
- Foreign Languages
All courses are conducted by well-trained Language Instructors
- Public Officers
- Officers of government-affiliated institutions
- Officers in the private sector
- G.C.E. (O/L) qualified persons
- Those who are interested in languages.
Eligibility for the Courses
(Add all the requirements separately that the applicant should need to apply for each language course in this category.)
- Basic Courses – Rs. 8,625/-
Basic English course must have a general pass in the G.C.E (O/l) examination or equivalent qualification obtained from a recognized educational institution. It is sufficient to have an education up to G.C.E (O/l) examination for all other courses.
- Advanced Courses – Rs. 9,200/-
Candidates appearing for Advanced Courses are required to appear for the Language Proficiency Test of Selection.
- Special Speech Training Courses – Rs. 9,775/-
Candidates appearing for this course are required to sit for a language proficiency selection test.
- IELTS – Rs. 10,000/-
This course consists of practices that help with the IELTS exam.
How to Register for Courses
Students are recruited on semester basis. Students are selected for the courses after an interview held as per the paper advertisement.
You are required to produce the following documents in the interview
- a copy of the certificate of highest educational or professional qualification
- Application Format for Download
Sample Application Format. Application
Students are registered following their payment of the course fee.
What is the Course Duration?
Time Table will be published soon...
What is the course fee?
|Basic Courses||Advance Courses||Special Speech Training Courses|
|Rs. 7500. 00||Rs. 8000. 00||Rs. 7500. 00|
At the end of the course………..?
- These courses are short-term training courses of which central focus is on speech component. That is to say, they aim at improving fluency, practicing correct pronunciation and familiarizing the students with speech patterns and what is more, functional grammar.
- The students will be awarded certificates upon their successful completion of both written and oral tests held at the end of the course.
- “All exams can be repeated in approximately two years only”