The Language Laboratory runs language courses to make students proficient in Sinhala, Tamil, English and other foreign languages. The overall objective is to effectively implement the teaching-learning process.
Recruitment of Language Instructors
The Department of Official Languages has planned to recruit qualified and experienced language instructors for the following Language Training Courses.
- Foreign Languages
Interested parties are kindly informed to forward a duly filled application form by registered post so as to reach the Commissioner General, Department of Official Languages, 341/7, Kotte Road, Rajagiriya.
What are the Courses conducted by the Language Laboratory?
All courses are conducted by well-trained Language Instructors
The main focus is on teaching Sinhala and Tamil languages and the courses are offered only for the students learning a particular language as a second language.
- Public Officers
- Officers of government-affiliated institutions
- Officers in the private sector
- G.C.E. (O/L) qualified persons
- Those who are interested in languages.
How to Register for Courses
Students are recruited on semester basis. Students are selected for the courses after an interview held as per the paper advertisement.
You are required to produce the following documents in the interview
- a computerized Bio Data form
- a copy of the certificate of highest educational or professional qualification
- a colour photograph
Students are registered following their payment of the course fee.
What is the Course Duration?
06 Months (48 hours, i.e. 2 hours in the week days only)
What is the course fee?
|Basic Courses||Advance Courses||Special Speech Training Courses|
|Rs. 7500. 00||Rs. 8000. 00||Rs. 7500. 00|
At the end of the course………..?
- These courses are short-term training courses of which central focus is on speech component. That is to say, they aim at improving fluency, practicing correct pronunciation and familiarizing the students with speech patterns and what is more, functional grammar.
- The students will be awarded certificates upon their successful completion of both written and oral tests held at the end of the course.