Written Examination for testing the Official Language Proficiency- 2010(Level III Sinhala / Tamil) Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka / Department of Official Languages.
Applications are hereby invited from the Public and Provincial Public Servants for the following written examinations scheduled to be conducted by the Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka and the Department of Official Languages, in relation to the Island – wide Language Training Programme implemented by the Department of Official Languages on the basis of the Official Language Proficiency requirements mentioned in the Public Administration Circulars Nos. 3/2007 and 7/2007.
|Official Language Proficiency Written Examination||Sinhala/ Tamil||Level III(Preliminary competency level)|
The written examination will be held in November 2010
02. Syllabuses, schemes of examinations, model question papers, application forms and information relevant to the examination may be obtained from the Department web site www.languagesdept.gov.lk
03. Towns in respective provinces of the Island where Examination centres would be set up for the written examination and the number assigned to each town are shown in the annex No.01. A centre for which a sufficient number of applicants do not appear will be cancelled and the candidates will be directed to a centre according to the second / third choice.
04. The oral test pertaining to the written examinations will be held by the Department of Official Languages.
05. Applications duly perfected in the form to be obtained from the above web site in accordance with the following instructions should be forwarded by registered post to the Commissioner General of Examinations, Organization and Foreign Examinations Branch, Department of Examinations, Pelawatta, Battaramulla along with the recommendation of the respective Head of the Institute on or before 21st October 2010. “Written Examination for Official Language Proficiency 2010” should be written on the top left hand corner of the envelope, in which the application is enclosed. Application should be prepared so as to include the head numbers 01 to 10 in the first page and the remaining numbers in the second page and the relevant particulars should be filled in by the candidate’s own handwriting. Applications which are not in conformity with the specimen application form and the incomplete applications will be rejected without notice. It is advisable to keep a photocopy of the application with the candidate. The candidate should verify whether the application conforms to the specimen form obtained from the web site. Applications prepared otherwise will be rejected. In perfecting the application, name of the examination should be written in English in addition to the name in Sinhala/ Tamil. No candidate will be allowed to change the language and the level applied for on a later date.
06. Each candidate can sit only the written examination of any one level in any one language at a time
.07. Applications which are contrary to the above instructions or incomplete or received after the closing date will be rejected.
08. Candidates, who were not permitted to sit the examination conducted on 09th January, 2010 should forward fresh applications for this examination.
09. An examination fee is not charged from the candidates who sit the examination for the first time. A fee of Rs.250/- is charged from other candidates. Candidates applying for a previously unsuccessful part of the examination should pay Rs. 150/- as examination fee. Examination fees can be paid in any District / Divisional Secretariat in the Island and the receipt obtained should be affixed in the relevant place of the application so that it will not get detached. It is advisable to keep a photocopy of the receipt with the candidate. Examination fees should be credited to the Revenue Head “Other Receipts2003.99.00”
10. The Department of Examinations, Sri Lanka will publish a notice in the newspapers immediately after issuing the admission cards to Candidates. If the admission cards are not received even after 2 or 3 days from the date of the newspaper notice such candidates should inform the Department of Examinations together with photocopies of their application, the receipt for the payment of fees, receipt of the registration and in case of candidates outside Colombo, their fax number.
11. Issue of an admission card to a candidate should not be considered as acceptance of the candidate’s fulfillment of required qualifications to sit the examination.
12. Only a National Identity card issued by the Department for Registration of Persons or a valid Passport will be accepted by the supervisor as proof of identify at the examinations conducted by the Department of Examinations.
13. Candidates are subject to the rules and regulations made for this examination by the Commissioner General of Examinations. If such rules and regulations are violated he or she will be liable to a punishment imposed by the Commissioner General of Examinations.
14. The decision of the Commissioner General of Examinations and / or the Commissioner of Official Languages on matters not mentioned above regarding this examination will be final.
15. For further details please contact 011 – 2888932 / 011 – 2 888934 x Ext. 212/ 220/ 227
Commissioner of Official Languages